Dockflow - a blockchain-based logistics web application
Dockflow is a container tracking platform made simple. Started in Antwerp, Belgium, where a big international port is located, it is designed for tracking worldwide temperature-controlled shipments. It features a smart, open and automated logistics system.
Dockflow’s team strives for a transition from traditional supply chains to the very effective interconnected sets of agile and dynamic trade networks embodied in the concept of the Physical Internet.
Dockflow needed a web-based logistic application: easy-manageable for users and well-engineered from the inside. The actual goal was to create an open, digital backbone for data exchange in global trade networks.
After running a pilot version and implementing the features that were needed for starting, we paused our partnership for about 6 months. During that period Dockflow worked a lot with branding and communications, figured out what else they needed for customers’ satisfaction and got back to us with a new flow of tasks. Currently, we are working on implementing several new features, including some additional temperature tracking data and new location sensors implementing.
- invented and implemented the project’s general architecture
- run a three-month pilot version and tested all the created features on a partner’s logistics company
- made it possible to track shipments’ locations, display temperature, departure and arrival terms
- improved code constantly
- secured the system’s data with blockchain technology
- integrated several third-party APIs
- risen the development speed
The finished application can accommodate new features more easily thanks to LTD FIVEWALLS’ development. Expect efficient communication with this team.
- Michiel Valee, Digital Trade Architect in Dockflow